This is a place for me to share my passion for making cards using Stampin' Up! products.
I am an independent Stampin' Up! demonstrator and love to share what I do.
If you are interested in ordering product or want to learn more about Stampin' Up!, please visit my on-line store
__________________________________________

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Antique Poinsettias

I got to mix a little new with some old. New stamp set and embossing folder, with an older (not retired) stamp set and embellishments.

Supplies: Stamps - Watercolor Winter (new) and Teeny Tiny Wishes (old); Paper - Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla; Ink - Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive and Real Red; Embellishments - Woodgrain embossing folder, Antique brad and Pearls (colored with Stampin' Write markers, and Cherry Cobbler Quilted Satin ribbon (ret.).

I tend to use traditional Christmas colors. What colors do you use?

8 comments :

  1. This is gorgeous! I love the pearls!! I never would have thought to color them! So clever!!
    Kindly, Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Audrey. I read about coloring the pearls and just had to try it. Thanks for looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Shawn. Like the flower positioning and the background. Very striking. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny. I forgot to mention that the outline of the poinsettias are embossed with SU!'s new Iridescent Ice embossing powder. Unfortunately, it's difficult to see in the picture.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card. Love your poinsettias.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I haven't seen much done with that stamp set. You've inspired me to use mine for a class on Wednesday.

    Hugs,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very vibrant beautiful card! I like what you did so much I may have to pick up this stamp set after all. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips