This is a place for me to share my passion for making cards using Stampin' Up! products.
I am an independent Stampin' Up! demonstrator and love to share what I do.
If you are interested in ordering product or want to learn more about Stampin' Up!, please visit my on-line store
__________________________________________

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Organizational Ideas

Getting Organized Can Be Easy


When mounting my shelves, I mounted the lowest one the same height as my other work surfaces. My Framelits and brads are organized using magnets. I found both of these ideas on-line (probably Pinterest), and just had to try it myself.



This is a magnetic sheet sold in rolls at Michael's Store. It has a light adhesive on the back, which helps it adhere to the wall. However, I still needed to place blue tack on the corners so they wouldn't curl. The other thing I figured out is, the Framelits will cling just fine when placing the ridged side to the magnet, which makes them easier to lift off.



These took a little more time. I used "bead" storage containers, magnetic discs, and magnetized white boards. I drilled a small hole in the center of each lid (large enough to fit a brad. The magnetic discs had adhesive on the back, but I ended up hot-gluing them when they began falling in the middle of the night. To mount the boards to the wall, I used Command Strips (I never know when I might want to move something).


After filling the containers with the brads, I discovered it was difficult to see the brads with the black magnet in the back (plus, I wasn't thrilled with the contrast against the white board), so I added white circles to the backs of the containers (on the inside).

I hope these ideas are helpful.

5 comments :

  1. Love the brad storage idea! I've seen small magnetized jars like these, but putting a brad through the lid so you can see what's where is brilliant! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I saw this done somewhere else, I knew I would borrow the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! I love your magnet wall piece. I have been wanting to add magnet strip to my framelit cases, but this would be so much better! Way more accessible than those envelopes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again, Shawn!

    Would you consider disabling the comment verification on your blog? It takes me several attempts to comment with this multi-step process. I don't know anything about blogspot, but I remember seeing instructions on a challenge site recently, see here: http://colormebeautifulchallenge.blogspot.com/p/comment-verification.html

    Also, have you considered allowing visitors to comment using Name/URL. This option is offered on most blogs and makes it much easier for people like me (without blogspot or those member services) to comment.

    Great projects! I am excited to "follow" you!! Have a wonderful day! Kindly, Audrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Audrey, thank you for your insights. I understand your concerns and will make some adjustments. This whole blog thing is new to me so I'm still trying to figure things out.

      Delete

Blogging tips