This is a place for me to share my passion for making cards using Stampin' Up! products.
I am an independent Stampin' Up! demonstrator and love to share what I do.
If you are interested in ordering product or want to learn more about Stampin' Up!, please visit my on-line store
__________________________________________

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Snowy Scene

When my husband saw this card, his response was, "Wow, that looks like Christmas." I was surprised that he really liked all that sparkle.

For this effect, I used VersaMark, Heat and Stick Powder, and Dazzling Diamonds. The process is easy, but takes a bit longer than just stamping an image. First I applied the VersaMark directly to the paper (after all the stamping and inking), then I applied the Heat and Stick Powder. This powder requires heating to make it sticky. Finally, I applied the Dazzling Diamonds (not embossing powder), and heated the card again which causes the diamonds to "stick." (A note of caution: you will have dazzling diamonds around for a while.)
Supplies:
Stamp - Scenic Season
Paper - Night of Navy, Whisper White
Ink - Basic Black, Midnight Muse, Night of Navy, Pacific Point, VersaMark
Embellishment - Heat and Stick Powder with Dazzling Diamonds

12 comments :

  1. Beautiful! I like everything about this card.Thanks for sharing it.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn. I appreciate your comment.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! I'll be trying this today. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicki. Please send me a link when you've posted your creation. I'd love to see it!

      Delete
  3. STUNNING! This is absolutely one of the most gorgeous winter cards I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you, Mary. I guess I'm going to have to make some more.

      Delete
  4. I'm trying to figure out how all those different color inks were used in this project? Hmmm....with permission, I'd love to try to re-create something similar (with a different stamp set).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trees were done with Basic Black. The sky was sponged with the blue inks until I got the look I wanted. Adding the Dazzling Diamonds makes it a lot more colorful.

      After you re-create your card, please send me a link so I can see your creation!

      Delete
  5. Gosh, this lookg great with all that sparkle. :) Great job. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Super duper sparkle! Your hubby was right! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips